Pages

Monday 8 April 2013

My Search for the Perfect Game - Part 2: Prison Architect

So in my very short search through YouTubers for some unique indie games, one I stumbled across is a game called Prison Architect, which has been played by Sjin from the Yogscast as well as Louis of Mariocat Gaming, which I have really enjoyed watching the 50 odd videos he has on his channel over this weekend. Another wasted weekend to YouTube, but that is besides the point!

Anyway if you are unfamiliar with this game then let me explain a little bit about it. Basically, it involves you creating a map with nothing on it, then you have a little army of workers which you can use to build a prison to certain outlines given by the use of grants, which I thought was a very clever and unique way of laying down a beginner's tutorial. This immediately captured my attention. It is a complete simulation game from a birds-eye perspective, so doesn't involve any of the level of graphics as simCity 5 for example, or the 1st person view of Minecraft  it is a very basic, very simple and easy-to-use graphical interface, a bit like that of a Pokemon game, or probably a closer link to the graphics of Super Mario, with the same rounded and cartoon-like landscapes. However instead of being from the side or that weird 45 degree slanty view which Pokemon uses it is birds-eye, as I mentioned.



Follow me on twitter: @peachy146

No comments:

Post a Comment